Estate Planning Advocates in Punta Gorda, Florida Guard Your Elder Loved One’s Interests
Professional management of health, welfare and financial issues
Florida offers tremendous amenities for retirees, but these often come at the cost of geographic distance from their children. This distance can raise concern about whether the elder’s health, welfare and property are being properly managed. No matter how dedicated adult children are to their parents, most simply don’t have the ability to monitor their parents and address their needs promptly. If you find yourself in a situation where an elder loved one requires a responsible advocate to manage their health, welfare or finances, Estate and Guardianship Management Services, Inc. in Punta Gorda, Florida is available to help. We are not attorneys but qualified legal advocates who can step in to manage an elder’s affairs and carry out their wishes.
Dedicated professionals managing personal and estate issues since 2000
At Estate and Guardianship Management Services, Inc., (EGMS) we are not attorneys: we advise our clients to consult qualified legal counsel to create estate planning documents that allocate authority in the areas of need. Once planning is complete, and the proper documents have been filed to convey authority, we carry out the wishes expressed in those documents. Our advocates have 38 years of combined experience acting for our clients in the following capacities:
- Guardian — For elders who have lost the capacity to manage finances, we help ensure that funds are allocated properly for necessary expenditures.
- Healthcare surrogate — Under medical power of attorney, we make prudent choices for healthcare and medical interventions consistent with the elder’s wishes.
- Attorney-in-fact — Durable power of attorney allows us to exercise authority over an elder’s finances, health and welfare.
- Trust administrator — When an elder’s assets are held in trust, we act as fiduciaries to ensure funds are allocated according to the elder’s wishes.
- Probate administrator — In probate proceedings, we act as personal representatives of the estate, exercising the necessary authority to settle the estate so that assets may pass to beneficiaries as intended.
Our experienced team is dedicated to protecting assets and managing personal needs while preserving the highest quality of life for our clients.
Trustworthy performance in essential supportive roles
When you cannot manage the needs of your senior loved one, Estate and Guardianship Management Services, Inc. is the right choice to ensure responsible oversight. Clients who have trusted our firm appreciate that we are:
- Small and local — We provide the personalized, “hands-on” attention that you can’t get from a large estate management firm.
- Experienced in estate matters — Because we have in-depth understanding of estate-related financial matters, we are a better choice than a family member, who might face a steep, exhaustive learning curve.
- Rooted in our community — Our clients know we are here to stay, and that we have long-standing relationships with most of the elder law attorneys in the area.
- Neutral — We are not influenced by sentiment or family dynamics. We are focused on your loved one’s desires as expressed in legally-binding estate documents.
When you need capable, professional oversight of your senior loved one’s affairs, the advocates at Estate and Guardianship Management Services, Inc. are ready to serve.
Contact our professional advocacy service in Punta Gorda, Florida
Estate and Guardianship Management Services, Inc. is a professional estate management service for seniors in Florida. We serve in several capacities to help ensure that your loved one enjoys the highest possible quality of life and that their finances are in order. To schedule a free consultation, call 866.755.3404 or contact our office online.